Measures of Effective Leaders
In schools with Effective Leaders, principals and teachers work together to implement a shared vision. In such schools, people, programs, and resources are focused on a vision for sustained improvement. Leaders:
- practice shared leadership,
- set high goals for quality instruction,
- maintain mutually trusting and respectful relationships,
- support professional advancement for faculty and staff, and
- manage resources for sustained program improvement (not measured).
Daniel Burnham Elem School Comparative Performance on Effective Leaders
What are these results based on?
|Program Coherence School programs are coordinated and consistent with its goals for student learning.||Teacher||Less Implementation|
|Teacher-Principal Trust Teachers and principals share a high level of mutual trust and respect.||Teacher||Less Implementation|
|Teacher Influence Teachers have influence in a broad range of decisions regarding school policies and practices.||Teacher||Less Implementation|
|Instructional Leadership The school leadership team sets high standards for teaching and student learning.||Teacher||Less Implementation|